Thursday, December 30, 2010

The "Blog Connection"

What exactly was it !! The search for the blog name just picked up from the wiki on French Revolution - an exemplary advocacy of change which we grew up reading about. Yes, it was my quest for knowing more about these changes and how society embraces these changes that fueled the search in the first place. And, there couldn't have been a better way to go about it. Well, you might disagree but we do love changes and have our own way of reacting to changes. From an initial apprehensiveness borne out by our insecurity to the final acceptance, we all go though it except that people take different times to reach that eventual last stage - acceptance. I went through an excellent book named "Who Moved My Cheese" by Dr. Spencer Johnson a real long time back. It's a fine read and a very concise one too talking about two extreme reactions to change. It supports a particular viewpoint, I do have my own reservations, but you got to read it. I have always thought about my own reactions to some of the changes worth remembering about in retrospection and what would have been a more ideal case. I don't know how many people think it's worthwhile to even spare so much time thinking not only about changes but your own reactions to changes, but guess what - I just made you go through it for some time :). And, from the French Revolution came my desire to name my blog in French. While practicing for English Elocution in my second year, an admirable senior while helping me fine tune advised - "You Bengalis can never pronounce French words properly. Never ever go for it." No, not by grudge, but the blog had to had it. And, with most of the French words I knew being already taken, I had to CHANGE my original desire of having a totally new blog name to sharing it with pre-existing ones well blaming it blatantly on my lack of creativity vis a vis names. :( And, so it is - Sweet Life for I am anidea (blogname). 

See, I managed to cover everything through the blog name - the French Connection as well as the Bong Connection. Ahh, hurts to see this terrible piece of humor. 

8 comments:

  1. Not a bad topic to start with, especially when you gave your's a French name. I could smell the yr 2010 written all over it (you did go through a lot of change :P). Nice way to say goodbye to what's gone and to say hello to what is coming ahead.

    Well the last two lines were only meant to make some "particular" one laugh and thus I wont comment on them. Overall you did covered a lot of confusing detail :P

    in short, good job ho gaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reaction to your reactions to changes is ":O" !! Good one ... keep it up :).
    P.S if anyone needs to know the name of that "admirable senior" you can contact me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is an awesome start. You have certainly surprised me big time. Words flow so beautifully from your pen, and you are gifted. Hoping to read a lot more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good start.. :D
    hoping to read more stuff..
    pour some bangaliana into your writing.
    i am starting today as i had resolved..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @braindead, i luv th bangaliana in your writing, but I believe I won't be very good at it, its your forte, nonetheless, I will give it a shot very soon.. The very reason I like Amitava Ghosh's writing too... Ek adbhut bengali ras hai usme, which i find in ur blog too... keep blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice first post! The blog's topic in English alone is a good choice, what to say of it's French equivalent.

    Well, I won't go into critiquing it minutely, other than to say that it's a good start. Maybe you'll inspire others to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete